Makeup Worth the Hype.

beauty makeup worth the hype modern renaissance tarte blush loreal lash paradise sleek highlighter solstice glossier lipstick drugstore

Surely, it is satisfying when you give in to a hyped up product and it truly does turn out to be a great product! It's one of those few instances where I prefer to blend in with the crowd, rather than dislike a product that every one raves about (although there's nothing wrong with that)! I'm interested in how you react when a product receives much attention by the beauty community. Personally, it's a priority for me to actually be interested in the product, rather than just curiosity. Also, I always conduct extensive research and gather as much information and as many opinions as I can to conclude my decision. So, you can bet that these products were not bought on a whim, but with high exceptions of which I am glad to report that they have indeed fulfilled! 
(Click on the links for each product for my review posts on them!)

beauty makeup worth the hype modern renaissance tarte blush loreal lash paradise sleek highlighter solstice glossier lipstick drugstore

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette is an expected favourite. It took me a long time to finally get it considering my ambivalence regarding the warm shade selection (which I now love and appreciate!). Nonetheless, I adore this palette thanks to its impressive quality, pigmentation, blendability, and colours!

The Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette is one I frequented during the summer. It's my go-to for a very intense and noticeable highlight, which warrants a warning that this is a metallic formulation rather than a natural / "is it highlighter or sweat?" kind of highlighter. Regardless, I love the fact that this product comes from the drugstore while also being high quality as well as diverse considering that the palette contains 4 versatile shades (three powders + one cream).  Overall, it truly is a drugstore gem.

Tarte blushes are probably one of the most talked about blushes. I never tried one until I received the exclusive Sephora Birthday Gift shade in "Paaarty!" The texture is not very creamy, but not powdery at all. The payoff is pigmented and the consistency is easily blendabile. It ticks off all boxes for an easy to work with blush formula which has now urged me to try out more from the range!

Glossier, as a brand, has been receiving a lot of hype. What drew me to them especially were their Generation G Matte Lipsticks for achieving the currently coveted "popsicle/blotted" lip look. I love them! They are matte, but balm like; sheer, but buildable. They're the perfect easy lipstick that looks very pretty and understated.

Another drugstore product that I was very pleased to understand its hype was the L'OrĂ©al Lash Paradise Mascara. For a while, a beauty YouTube video couldn't go by without this mascara being mentioned - and for good reason. It's now my favourite mascara due to its ability of providing me with full and fluttery lashes that give a false lash effect!  


What hyped-up products have your tried that you were happy with?
How do you react when a brand new product received constant rave reviews?

You can also check out a post from a while ago on my opinions on some other hyped-up makeup that also included products that I feel didn't deserve the hype.

Follow


shop this post.*

*Affilate link.

SaveSave
SaveSaveSaveSave

8 comments:

  1. I bought the modern renaissance palette about a month ago! And I have to admit, it really is worth the money and the hype! The pigment is insane, and the colours are gorgeous!

    Another raved about product I think really is worth it is the Benefit Rollerlash! Literally love it!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you love the Modern Renaissance as well!
      I've heard so much about the Benefit Rollerlash with rave reviews. Considering how I need a curl in my lashes more than anything else, I have got to try the mascara out!

      Delete
  2. Totally agree with the MR palette! So worth all it's hype. I've been so curious about the Lash Paradise mascara. I will be picking it up soon!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Lash Paradise is amazing! I know we share a love for the Maybelline Lash Sensational, but I'm currently enjoying the Lash Paradise more!

      Delete
  3. These all sound like lovely products and totally get that great feeling when a product turns out as great as everyone is talking about. I got myself a highlighting blush from hourglass and I am so happy with it!
    Lea, xx
    http://asnippetoflife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely feeling, isn't it! I have been eyeing Hourglass blushes for the longest time -it's on my wishlist!

      Delete